- Applicants may request up to $10,000.
- If a grant is awarded, in any amount, an organization may apply for a Capacity Building Grant the following year but is not eligible to apply for a third year in a row, whether funding is received for a second year or not.
- If an organization applies for a Capacity Building Grant, it may not apply under any other granting area during the Spring Grant Cycle.
- Organizations must be determined as a charitable organization in good standing under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, public entities or other charitable, educational or faith-based organizations.
- Organizations must have a physical location in either Marinette or Menominee Counties
Examples of Eligible Activities
- Strategic planning
- Organizational assessment
- Evaluation of overall effectiveness
- Fund development planning
- Succession planning
- Establishing a volunteer management system
- Building and diversifying revenue streams/hiring a grant writer
- Routine operating expenses
- Developing or refining communications, marketing and outreach
- Improving impact measurement tools and program evaluation capacity
- To develop structure or leadership development programs, or to support staff with community organizing efforts.
Examples of Non-Eligible Activities
- Fundraising projects—including events
- Debt reduction
- Endowment or capital campaigns
- Medical research
- Costs associated with the creation of a new nonprofit organization
- Completed projects or proposals that have begun implementation
- Grants to individuals