The M&M Area Community Foundation invites eligible organizations to apply for grants during our annual grant cycles. Each organization may apply twice during each grant cycle unless you apply for a Capacity Building grant, then you may only apply once. We ask that organizations do not apply for funding for a program or project for which you received a grant from MMACF in 2020.
Spring Grant Cycle
Our Spring Grant Cycle will be open at 10a.m. on Thursday, April 1st and close at Noon on Thursday, April 15th
The Women's Giving Circle Restricted Endowment Fund Grant Cycle
Our Women’s Giving Circle Restricted Endowment Fund Grant Cycle will be open from July 15th – 29th
The Women’s Giving Circle Restricted Endowment Fund supports projects and programs directly impacting women and girls in Marinette and Menominee counties.
This fund also provides Capacity Building grants to organizations whose mission is to directly impact the lives of women and girls.
Capacity Building grants are not about expanding a current program or adding a new program. These grants are meant to assist with organizational and financial stability, or improving program quality and growth, which will allow you to carry out your mission more effectively. Our grants are intended for activities that will strengthen your organization, including, but not limited to: strengthening governance, developing strategic planning, merging operations and/or programming, building reliable funding streams, developing management skills, or developing/refining communications and marketing.
- If a grant is awarded, in any amount, an organization may apply for a Capacity Building Grant the following year but is not eligible to apply for a third year in a row, whether funding is received for a second year or not.
- If an organization applies for a Capacity Building Grant, it may not apply under any other granting area during a grant cycle.
Examples of Non-Eligible Activities
- Fundraising projects—including events
- Debt reduction
- Endowment or capital campaigns
- Medical research
- Costs associated with the creation of a new nonprofit organization
- Completed projects or proposals that have begun implementation
- Grants to individuals
Trouble or Questions?
For questions regarding grant applications please contact our Finance and Program Director, Madison McDonnell, at [email protected] or at 906-864-3599