Many of today’s solutions result from yesterday’s giving. In 1994, the M&M Area Community Foundation was started to manage those “gifts for the future” by way of a permanent community endowment. The many gifts to the MMACF represent not only the donor’s generosity but also their confidence, trust, and vision of the future.
How it Works
Individuals, families and businesses make gifts to existing funds or establish new funds at the Community Foundation. Gifts come in all shapes and sizes. In most cases, your gift qualifies for maximum tax advantages under federal law.
We accept a wide variety of assets and can facilitate even the most complex forms of giving. If at any time you have a question, or would like to explore ways to maximize your impact and tax benefits of a particular giving option, our professional staff is here to help.
All gifts are invested for long-term growth.
A portion of the growth is available each year for grants or scholarships to nonprofit organizations and to support collaborative leadership activities to find solutions to challenges in our communities.
We provide highly personalized service tailored to each individual’s charitable and financial interests.
Benefits To Your Clients
- Generate tax saving
- Benefit those charitable organizations that are close to their heart
- Make their charitable giving more efficient
- Amplify their grant-making capacity as investment returns increase the value of the fund
- Draw on the Foundation’s experience and expertise
- Provide legacy options for them and their families
- We honor their gifts to any 501(c)(3) nonprofit in good standing, including non-local and religious organizations.
- Should one of their specified nonprofits cease to exist, we follow their predetermined directions to distribute their gift to another charity.
- Wary of giving a windfall to specified nonprofits? They can instruct the Foundation to release funds to them over a number of years.
- The Foundation can help make charitable distributions from their estate easier for their Executor. One check from their estate, payable to MMACF, triggers their predetermined charitable plan.
Ways to Give
- Cash: Cash is the simplest gift to give. Your clients can combine multiple cash gifts over time to establish a fund at the MMACF.
- Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds: These often provide greater tax benefits than cash gifts of equivalent value, especially if they have a low cost basis.
- 401K and IRA Accounts: Avoid the possibility of income and estate taxes by directing retirement assets to the MMACF as part of estate planning.
- Life Insurance Policy: Give a significant future gift to charity and receive tax benefits in the year of the gift.
- Charitable Bequest: A charitable bequest enables your clients to make a much larger and more significant contribution than may have been possible during their lifetime. In doing so, they may minimize tax burden and provide for their families while at the same time honoring loved ones, preserving their family name, and reinforcing their personal values.
Standing Legacy Society
The Standing Legacy Society recognizes individuals and couples who have agreed to make a future donation to the MMACF. This can be accomplished in a number of fashions and the MMACF is willing to discuss these options with your clients at any time. The purpose of the society is to acknowledge and thank those who have made such a commitment, and to encourage and inspire others to do the same.
A legacy will help insure that we all have a better tomorrow! Members of the Legacy Society help insure that future generations will enjoy all that Marinette and Menominee Counties have to offer.